Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What are you up to now?

Alison Grantham
REU '08
Mentor: Steve Wofsy
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Major/Minor: Biological Sciences/ Environmental Studies, '08


What you miss most about the REU program:
The setting and atmosphere was so nice for focusing on science and making great friends. I loved going for evening runs in the woods and taking weekend hikes and trips with other REUs.
What you miss least about the REU program:
The mosquitoes.
What about the REU program has stuck with you:
The project I worked on has guided my subsequent career moves, so I guess C and N dynamics and climate implications stuck.
Have you stayed in touch with other REU students?
Yup! I'm engaged to fellow HF REU alum, Alex Ireland, and have stayed good friends with Megan Woltz and kept in touch with a few others.

What you're up to now:
I'm currently the Research Manager at the Rodale Institute, an organic agriculture nonprofit and exploring options for graduate school.

Want to see more alumni profiles? Check out our Harvard Forest REU alumni blog.

No comments: